- About Us
- Contact Us
- Job Openings
These days, resigning may not be as easy as one would think. Skilled professionals are difficult to find, and most employers will try to retain an employee by making a counteroffer – usually one that’s hard to refuse. Just when you thought you’d finished your exhausting job search and decision, you get offered more money, more responsibility and better parking.
In a survey completed by the Wall Street Journal, over 50% of individuals receiving counteroffers after turning in their resignations accepted them. However, within 18 months, 93% of those who accepted counteroffers had left – some voluntarily and some fired. And all of the remaining 7% were actively seeking new employment. In addition to these facts, consider the following food for thought.